Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Matt on Honduras

I think Thomas said it best when describing Matt, "He is like a new puppy. So cute and so much fun. So hyper and excited about everything, but then he shi** (pardon my french) on your carpet (or breaks something in Matt's case) and it makes you so angry and frustrated. But then you look at him and you see the cute puppy and your not angry anymore."

Between our countless running dates, P90x sessions, yoga sessions, and adventures...... you could count on Matt for being a constant source of joy and lighting up the room with his personality. He truly became the brother I have never had. Matt, I love you a whole lot and when you move in with me in Colorado you can be rest assured more adventures are to come.... (Of course only after you move to Hawaii, bike across the US, work in the Dirty Dusk, work in Guatemala at the orphanage, be the new trail guide at the D and D, buy your vespa and be a bartender/waiter )****Ok Matt is not really moving to Colorado, just an idea..... (one of his many :)

Read Matts thoughts on Honduras below...... (or about my others roommates reflections Faye and Molly)

Matthew Hohler
From: Celeryville, Ohio (Sandusky, Ohio)
Taught: 7th and 8th grade







The one thing i will never forget about Honduras is the friends who became family. Living basically on top of each other for 9 months made us laugh, hate each other and love each other all within a 5 minute period. I will miss each of you more than anything.

While living in Honduras, I learned what it means to truly give to others. People like Sister. Maria, Allison, the women at the orphanage and many others have dedicated their lives to others. These people have changed my perspective on many things and have helped to make me a better person.


The thing I will miss the most about Honduras will be the ketchup, coffee, the view of the mountains, honey, pollo Rico's, Malcolm, Kylie, Philip, the D&D Brewery, josefat, Allison's girls, nights without electricity or water, Kristina, Allison, Rose, Molly, all my friends i made, faye, the sense of adventure daily, and the simplicity of life here. oh ya and thomas (lol).

If i could of changed one thing about this year, I would move the las vegas pizza shop to Peña Blanca. Everything else was placed in front of us to challenge us and help us grow, but not being able to get a decent pizza whenever I wanted was easily the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life.

No matter what is next for Matt I am certain God has great things in store for him.... I look forward to seeing what they are..... One of his favorite verses: Matthew 6:25-34

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life.
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment