Monday, June 17, 2013

Hello Quadracepts and Yogic Anatomy

I think I now know what it feels like to be in summer intensive training for fall sports. (like a high school football player). I just took ibuprofen, nearly cried trying to sit down to go to the restroom. Hello quadriceps and butt muscles and everything in between. I have in my life never been this sore before. I ache..... but its good I suppose??? Maybe.

I could barely digest my dinner because my stomach and body muscles are so not used to this. A small recap of my day at yoga school: (you would probably be tired as well). So to bed it is... enjoy :) Ps my head teacher is brilliant, incredible and smart and knows so much about the body and yoga.... awesome to learn from her.


  • Wake up 5:15 am. Eat a banana and have a cup of green tea.
  • 6 am.- 8 am. Two hour Ashtanga Full Primary Series yoga class. It takes two hours to finish this yoga series of poses. Ouch.
  • 8 am. Shower my sweaty self.
  • 830 am. Eat breakfast.... Super yummy all natural, organic, gluten free, dairy free foods. Its awesome.
  • 10 am.- 12:30 pm.: Primary Series workshop: We are still on our mats, practicing positions and breaking down poses by the anatomy and position. Ouch still. Still breaking a sweat and exhausted.
  • 12:30 pm: Lunch.... typically small because we have another two hour yoga class later.
  • 1:00-3:00 pm:  Two hour break, sleep, rest, lay in bed, check emails etc.
  • 3:00 pm- 4:00 pm: Theory/ Yogic Anatomy/ Philosophy/ Learn the mantras (chanting)/ Break down history/ learn Sanskrit names of the poses/ Human anatomy....... the parts of the body that are moving when you do specific postures and positions. Adjustments etc.
  • 4:00 pm- 6:00 pm Two hour Yoga Class...... Either Bikram (super duper hot, hold poses for long periods of time) or Vinyasa flow in a warm room (what I am used to practicing).
  • 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm Meditation. Led through a meditation of things to think about and focus mind on etc. This has often led me to thinking of my kids and crying. (not normal at all).
  • 6:30 pm Shower yet again my sweaty self
  • 7:00 pm Dinner
  • 7:30 pm Two hour movie/ watching a lady do the whole yoga practice

Looking forward to my bed at this very moment.... and when this is all over. Its getting better but still difficult... just missing Honduras a whole bunch.

Warmest
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment