Sunday, May 5, 2013

Where the heart is. Cinco de Derby


“This house sheltered us, we spoke, we loved within those walls. That was yesterday. To-day we pass on, we see it no more, and we are different, changed in some infinitesimal way. We can never be quite the same again.” ― Daphne du MaurierRebecca

I am certainly not the same today. Although I have been far away for sometime, the first Saturday in May still holds special meaning for me. I have been humbled, broken, renewed and blessed since moving to Colorado and Honduras but I will always be fond of my "Ol Kentucky Home". I am thankful for two roommates (Kylie and Faye) who celebrated alongside with me for the tradition of the Kentucky Derby yesterday (no power outage, and having the Internet down was going to stop us). Mimosas, brunch, cake decorating, online betting and whiskey drinking were all apart of our day.... Hope you all had a wonderful derby day.....both near and far away.

Lots of Love from this Kentucky Girl from Honduras.


Me and Kylie...

Broccoli Egg Cheese Casserole I made for the occasion. Recipe found here ( it was fabulous). Homemade fascinator with tissue paper


Kylie posing with all the derby horses we hung on the washing line....

Friday Evening we had our usual family dinner. In spirit of Cinco De Mayo, our dinner was themed accordingly. With margaritas, yummy avocado flavored popcorn, an incredible meal and a piñata  It was a lot of fun. Enjoy the pictures below :)



Pictures below. Left to right/ top to bottom: 1. Molly and Matt posing with the homemade piñata. 2. Matt and I showing off our leprosy/pealing arms. Thank you beach weekend. 3. Matt getting a little excited about the piñata. 
4. Philip acting out during our game of charades.




For this Sunday... it breezy, cooler here and I am finally finally making myself plan my trip. Only five weeks left and I need to know what I am doing :) Happy Sunday Funday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment