Thursday, May 9, 2013

Things I Am Loving Lately

In the midst of a rough week I managed to collect a few moments and things that make all the bad disappear for a while... (for example drinking rum in the dark when the power goes out, long skype dates with friends, spotting the mouse in the house, and yoga with the boys). I must admit this week had redeemed itself a bit. (aside from a minor meltdown with one of my kids today). Below are some things that I am loving recently......... (photo credits indicated)









1. Photo Credit Joda Haskins, lives in Seward Alaska. He posted this photo and I was instantly in love... those mountains... my goodness, perhaps I understand why my Dad loved Alaska so much. Unbelievable. 

2. Knowing soon I will be drinking again out of my mason jar glasses. That makes me happy. Here is a picture of one of my new favorite things to make for breakfast.... Peanut Butter, Almond Milk, and Banana. AMAZZINGNESS.

3. This image and this quote..... sent to me this morning in my email from the Flourish Blog . I highly recommend signing up to get this sent to your email. Almost every day a small reflection, verse or thoughts are written. From other women to other women. Wonderful thing. 

Some of the words written today struck a cord with me today..

Proverbs 16:9 that says, "We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps". It's impossible to know what tomorrow may bring, or even today! The circumstances may not be clear or easy to understand, but when it is all finished you will discover it was never random.

4. Old pictures .... but more importantly two things in storage that I cannot wait to have back.... my Cowboy hat and my most favorite jacket (almost ten years old).... my mountain hardware fleece. 

5. Sweet moments with my kids. Like this one. They looked over and smiled. Giggling about something that at this time is irrelevant... couldn't get over their big smiles and those sweet faces. These moments make those times when they dont listen or they dont want to do anything you ask, seem much better.

6. Trip Planning... Finally now that I decided where I will be going, this is a picture of where I will be spending three of my days.. San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua.  Just before making way to Costa Rica. I am enjoying filling in the gaps.

Happy Trash Day (just for you meg day) Tomorrow is Friday. 
Lots of love from Kristina


No comments:

Post a Comment