Monday, March 11, 2013

Scaring One of My Kids

Dear Monday Monday Monday..... lunes lunes lunes. As expected, you were completely unexpected. Thanks for not being the same.

I walked into the secretaries office to try and scare one of my kids today. Yes I did this. I admit it. (Pretend phone calls when you were a babysitter remind you of anything? Everyone has done it before, you know that you have) ..............Let me explain:

I took one of my kids out of class and walked to the office. We stood at the door of the office where I said to him, "Miss. Karla has your "Tia's" (aunts) phone number and I can have her called right now. Do you want me to do that?" He shook his head No. We walked back into class and he sat right down. (temporary victory? I think so)..........I could have physically picked him up today and super glued him to his chair. Why is that such a difficult task for a second grader? I will never know.

Although today was the start of a new week which is often not a welcomed sight. It was a really good day. Kylie and I spent our afternoon with our tennis shoes on and walked towards Los Naranjos. It was really really hot today. Humid and sticky. It still felt really good to just be out of the house, get some fresh air. We laughed at the Hondurans cat calling at us and talked about our upcoming Spring Break trip. A real life adult spring break is just what we need. Kylie's other half is joining us as well, so she especially has a lot to look forward too.

After a cup of coffee in town we headed home and just hung around our  house...... After a recent conversation about what I am to do after Honduras, I decided to take an aptitude test for the heck of it. I found the test on Oprah's website (A bit cliche). The test was titled.... Who am I meant to be? The results were not at all surprising ... spot on actually but it still gave me some things to think about. 

What does this mean about what is in store next you might ask? Who the heck knows.... But here is a snip it of the results:



Striving to Help

You are a nurturer: If there is one thing that brings you satisfaction, it’s tending to others. 
Looking ahead: It’s important for you to be genuinely of service in acknowledged ways. Whether you foster a child, care for an elderly aunt, rescue animals, or support a rock star’s career as her personal assistant, look for opportunities where you can help other people or bigger causes. Volunteer work has your name written on it, as do many careers: nursing, teaching, customer service, healing, social work. Don’t feel pressured to run the company or lead the project; you may be even more effective as someone’s right hand. And you’ll likely find working with other people more meaningful than flying solo. 


If you as well would like to take the test here it is.

Although this is helpful information.........I am grateful that amongst all the aptitude tests in the world and societies remarkable job of telling us what and who we should be...... "You see me, and you know me and you love me through and through"-------- This is the greatest hope that I have....

PS: Glad so many of you liked my bucket list.... pretty sure after I wrote it, I could easily have added twenty more things. For example be on a float in the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade or better yet be one of the people that get to walk with the giant blowup thingies... would be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment