Sunday, March 10, 2013

My Bucket List

Ever since the movie, Thee Bucket List, came out I have been compiling a mini list of things in my head that I would like to accomplish in my life.... This list is often changing, things are being added and often deleted...... the list is an ever growing compilation from my heart.

I hope you are a dreamer. too. I Hope that you dream big things that you want for yourself  :) I decided not long ago to not waste my days doing something that did not bring me joy and welp here I am. In Honduras. Loving on Some Kids...... hope your dreams take you to far away places and bring you lots of joy.

Here's to dreaming about the only two weeks that stand between now and Semana Santa (Spring Break).......

Disclaimer this list is in no particular order.... here she is....

  • Walk the course at Augusta for the Masters... even if it is just a practice day. 
  • See a concert at the famous Gran Ol Opry in Nashville.
  • Superbowl
  • Teach a yoga class.
  • Have a Frrrozen Hot chocolate at Serendipity 3 in New York (Scene from the movie, Serendipity filmed here)
  • Backpack the Appalachian Trail.
  • Cook a full Thanksgiving Meal for my Family. Host one year.
  • Own a pickup truck.... 
  • Alaska, go fishing and kayaking on the sea... see the glaciers
  • Spend a weekend in Austin Texas. See UT play, tailgate and then go to the bar to listen to music.
  • Girls trip with my best friends from High School. Doesn't matter where. Someplace.
  • Learn to make pie crust and homemade pies.
  • Go to the Final Four (preferably when my team is there :)
  • Attend Mardi Gras in New Orleans
  • Recreate the Sleepless in Seattle scene at the top of the Empire State Building in New York.
  • Weekend in Charleston. Eat yummy food, drink wine, explore the cobblestone streets. Admire the homes. 
  • Have children someday and a must do is take my kids to Disney World.
  • Visit every baseball park in the USA ( I can go ahead and check off the following Colorado, Atlanta, Cincinnati  Baltimore  Houston)
  • Run another half marathon
  • Walk on the Great Wall of China
  • Own my own home someday, call it mine and hopefully my own family.
  • Attend Wimbeldon in London.... (my roommate confirms she can easily assist in making this happen)
  • Celebrate Queens Day on a boat in Amsterdam. Dress in lots of orange to celebrate in Holland.
  • Drive a car from Seattle down the coast of Washington, Oregon and the coast of California all the way to the border in Mexico......
  • Cape Town, South Africa, go on a safari and visit Alison my roommate.
  • Master the perfect homemade latte
  • See the pyramids in Egypt
  • Attend the Rose Bowl and Rose Bowl Parade in Southern California
  • Finish a Sprint triathlon
  • Travel New Zealand... visit both islands. (would like this one to happen sooner than later)
  • Attend Houston Rodeo....
  • A summer week spent in Martha's Vineyard...
  • Ice Skate in Central Park around Christmas time, See the big Christmas tree too.
  • Attend the ACC Tournament.....(would have been go to the Big East Tournament in Madison Square gardens) but now I suppose it shall be this.
  • Ski Keystone, Crested Butte and Steamboat (Yes I lived in Colorado 6 years and never made this happen..... silly me)
  • Visit the Greek Isles..... get lost in the painted white buildings and blue roof tops.
  • Climb in Patagonia.... hiking, backpacking trip. Ski and play in the mountains of South America
  • ..................................................................


I am thinking of trying to do something with my kids this week about dreaming big.... Who do they want to be? Where do they want to go? Will let yall know if I do.

Cheers on this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment