Tuesday, December 4, 2012

20 Wishes.


Stole this idea from here It is the idea that you create twenty wishes for yourself for the next year. I do not like the idea of limiting these things to the first of the year but would rather have it start on any random day. So here it is. (a bit tough to make a list when you are not sure what or where you will be in the next year but nonetheless ....I have created this list to complete in One year from today. December 4, 2012-December 3, 2013. Enjoy.....
1. Read One Thousand Gifts. (with my mom, more fun to read when you have someone to share things with).
2. Get scuba certified in Utila (Honduran Bay Islands)
3. Complete the Whole30 Challenge (Again)
4. Run a half Marathon
5. Surf in Costa Rica
6. Make cookies for my neighbors and deliver them. (especially for the businesses in the building that we live in Honduras, The Chinese restaurant  the women's clothing store, the salon and the lawyers office. But see that I will most likely live in a few different places this coming year, I will repeat this one.)
7. Visit an Orphanage at least once a month (whether I am in Honduras or anywhere)
8. Go camping. Real camping not car camping.
9. Make homemade sushi
10. Have a dance party.
11. Pray everday before I go to sleep.
12. Go on a weekend trip with my sister away. A city, or even in our hometown. Just she and I.
13. Ride my road bike for a100 mile ride
14. Read four Jane Austen Novels (Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park)
15. Complete 30 days straight of yoga. 
16. Officially kick my diet coke habit (lasted about 60 days in honduras, got to let this one go)
17.  Learn to make pie crust, and make five homemade pies (Apple, Pumpkin, Coconut Creme, Cherry, Pecan)
18. Drive a convertible (no stipulation on what kind of convertible)
19. Minimize my things, shrink my storage unit in Colorado, get rid of things.
20. Go Fly Fishing with my Dad.


Hope this finds you enjoying your Tuesday. Grateful to be in this place. To be surrounded by all that I have, to hold the sweet babies faces on Saturday and knowing that I am going home to my family next Sunday. As well the Scherms are officially moving back to Louisville this coming year. My parents are thrilled to be back in Kentuck (my sister and I as well). 
If I could add another number, number 21 it would be to Love well. To love everyone well, to respect others for who they are.
Happy Tuesday to you.... 
PS: Loving this song... thank you British roommates for sharing Ed Sheeran http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhHyZFiE5fQ

No comments:

Post a Comment