Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Keep my eyes to serve, my hands to learn


Lord forget all of my sins

Well let me die where I lie



The words above are the lyrics to a song on the ever more beautiful new Mumford cd. I have listened to this cd on repeat since I bought it. I am laying on my yoga mat, with papers of my kids, a grade book, green tea, and the sound of the rain slowly hitting the roof ahead. Our power just came back on. Just before I was using my headlamp. This place has captured my heart fully and completely  My kids today were precious, enthusiastic, and so innocent to the world around them bearing the image of a incredible God who sees to it that he design each one of us with such care and detail. 

All I hope for, is to follow his light. The words to a different Mumford song resonate so much with me. I do not know what this song is about but I like to think that it is about Gods love. That without him (gods love) I am lost. I am wandering lost and  my hope is that I live in his light, in the midst of his promises. Seeing the world through his eyes. His eyes see each face, each tear as his own. I so long to do that. Although I am afraid, for it requires much and asks much but I am learning more each day of how little I need, how selfish I am, and how much the world has to offer.


Is all that I'm asking for

Without her I'm lost
Oh my love don't fade away


I think I have found that with a few small things, a good cup of coffee, my bike, the company of friends, a passion for life and adventure I will be quite content. I am certain I am not going to go back to the life I had the same but even more than that I am quite certain I may not go back at all. Atleast not being in the same flesh as i am now. The world is far to big, gods love for his people far outweighs any life I could live collecting a large pay check, building a large home and living excessively. Not that those things are not nice but he has so much more, and it is all worth so much more, and I gain so much more.


Keep the earth below my feet

For all my sweat, my blood runs weak
Let me learn from where I have been
Well keep my eyes to serve, my hands to learn
Keep my eyes to serve, my hands to learn


Warmest to you from this place. May you too keep your eyes to serve and your hands to always learn

No comments:

Post a Comment