Sunday, April 7, 2013

Your Reality vs. My Reality. 11 Questions

Your reality versus my reality......

Your reality: you probably stayed up late cheering on Louisville with friends at a bar or cheering from your comfy couch at home surrounded by platters of food and endless options of appetizers like buffalo chicken dip or had wings from bootleg barbecue, some of you stayed out late celebrating, drank beer, you wore cardinal red and bar hopped with everyone in the city (Louisville or cat fan alike) or maybe you are in Atlanta and you saw the game in person and you barely remember the celebration it was so good. But you along with nearly the entire city of Louisville celebrated big in ATL and the likes of Shaq.

My reality. Thomas and I hopped in a tuk tuk with my backpack and my laptop because I did not know if the place we were going would have the game on tv. (backup plan laptop stream the game). We arrived at a Honduran restaurant and had to wait to see if it was open. (place is empty) I sat down at a table. I learned that ESPN Deportes will have it on tv. The game starts, it is in Spanish. The place gives Thomas and I free beer because they must have sensed my anxiety overload or perhaps they thought I would calm down and not bang on their table anymore. We ate fried plantains and watched the game just us and the whole restaurant. Beers later (frees ones at that) Louisville won and we took a taxi home. Yes that happened.

So now it is Sunday, I made cupcakes for my kids, with Louisville flags and a banner to hang in class. I explained to my roommates its like Christmas morning.... I am so excited for tomorrow night. We will return to that same restaurant  but hopefully others will join as well (I promised I would buy beer, if they sit with me and watch).

So here's to it ladies and gentlemen. Go CARDS GO!

Ps: Refrigerator that was broken is now fixed, toilet now flushes without a string and and and and the hole in the ceiling that the bats fly into our room through, now is covered with a pretty new tile. (all is right in the world).

As well can you believe it.... 9 weeks left in Honduras. 4 in Costa Rica and boom...... Colorado


________________________________________________________________________

The below is a series of Eleven Questions..... I stole this from Julie’s blog and thought I would post myself.....Enjoy!

1. In baseball each player gets a “walk up song” that plays on his way up to the plate. What song would you pick?  

The Beat, by Ben Rector. Click here.

2. What’s the best thing that happened to you last weekend?

 Well this is an easy one. LOUISVILLE WINS (TWICE) My hometown team, the team I grew up watching, the school I had the honor of attending (for a bit) men and women's basketball teams won their games in the Final Four to take them to the Championship game. Could not be more proud to call Louisville home. Proud of the University, proud of the teams and so excited for this weeks games! 

my self picture before the game when my nerves could barely stand it any more.
3. If you could have a starring role in any film already made, which movie would you pick?
Blue Crush. Female surfing movie. What more do you need some sun, surf boards and Hawaii. It would mean I would get to learn to surf if I was in the movie as well which would be really cool.

4. What actor/actress would you have play you in a movie of your life?
Rachel McAdams. She is beautiful, smart, witty and funny. (perhaps if she played me I could be those things too) 


5. What is your favorite quote?
"i have my opinion and desires for how i’d like our stories to be written. but i trust God more than i trust myself. i know He loves us and desires way more for us than I could even fathom. now there are times where i’d take the boring life with nothing impactful happening. but that’s not what He’s got in store for us." - Amy DiBias Patwa 
my dear friend amy wrote these words. she is now dancing in heaven for eternity.
6. What was your first concert?
I think it was Backstreet Boys. Not sure I remember to be honest.
7. What Internet website do you visit the most?
Gmail is open all the time and my google reader. I love my reader!
8. Which of Snow White’s 7 dwarfs describes you the best and why?
Probably Happy. (most of the time) Overly bubbly often, sometimes talk a bit much, or willing to talk to just about anyone (ask my roommate even if it is half broken spanglish)
9. If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
Such a weird question to ask..... probably Barbecue, pulled pork sandwich with a Big glass of sweet tea (loaded with lots of sugar) Macaroni and cheese, fried okra, corn bread. I would then have a piece of pumpkin pie with lots and lots of whipped cream, and a scoop of ice cream.
10. What is the background of your computer?
This picture is one of my favorites in a long time.... these girls are kindred spirits in denver. This was at Megs goodbye party last august. The pictures just appeared now and made me cry. I miss them very much. Grateful for the memories, and grateful to have something to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment