Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday thoughts....

First week back I knew would be a challenge but I was not prepared for this. I think my kids forgot how to act, how to behave, or maybe they are just being seven and eight year olds...  At one point yesterday I walked out of the classroom to avoid breaking down even more than I already had. Out of complete frustration. Had to hold back from breaking down in tears..... They make it so very impossible some days.......

However last night I was able to connect with a dear friend, laugh about our past and smile about many things to come...... for that I am very grateful. We shared joy in her recent engagement and I attempted to admire her beautiful ring through our blurry computer screen. (Dearest Meg and Rory I am so excited for you both and grateful Meg that you met a man who will love you well for the rest of your days, so look forward to celebrating in Colorado in July).....I am as well looking forward to my mom visiting Honduras (fingers crossed she is coming). I am patiently waiting as she secures her flight and excited to share with someone why this place has been my home for a year, to see what I see, to see what an incredible, yet incredibly frustrating place this is.....Hope she knows what she is in store for...

Heres to hoping and praying on this Wednesday. From my desk in my room.... (pardon my messy table) I am double tasking Louisville game and grading second grade math.... warmest to you...


I am listening to this song over and over again.... Enjoy...




  • I could just sit
  • I could just sit and wait for all your goodness
  • Hope to feel your presence
  • And I could just stay
  • I could just stay right where I am and hope to feel you
  • Hope to feel something again
  • And I could hold on
  • I could hold on to who I am and never let You change me from the inside
  • And I could be safe
  • I could be safe here in Your arms and never leave home
  • Never let these walls down
  • But you have called me higher
  • You have called me deeper
  • And I will go where you will lead me

  • -------lyrics from All Sons and Daughters, Called Higher........ reflecting on waiting on God.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment