Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday

The weekend... has come and gone. This Sunday may go on record as one of the most productive in a while and a day I can scratch off more of my twenty wishes that I want to accomplish come December of this year.

Below is a updated:

7. Visit an Orphanage at least once a month (whether I am in Honduras or anywhere)
        • December 1, 2012 San Pedro Sula
        • December 8, 2012 Pena Blanca
        • January 28, 2013 Pena Blanca
        • February 10, 2013 Pena Blanca
        • March
        • April
        • May
        • June
        • July 
        • August
        • September
        • October
        • November
  1. Read four Jane Austen Novels (Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park)
  2. Complete 30 days straight of yoga
After an early night Saturday I woke up on my own around 6 am this morning. Our early morning habit of waking up for school must be to blame. Kylie, Rose and I did yoga at 7:30 for an hour while the rest of our house stayed in bed. With a cup of coffee I then grabbed my book and finished Pride and Prejudice. I am a big fan of the movie and the book was even better than I could have hoped. One of my favorite quotes, (Cheesy a bit but I like it still.)

"In vain have I struggled, it will not do. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." 

Anticipating a very very hot day I set out for a walk/run by myself for an hour after I finished my book. It was really nice to be out and get some time to just be out of our house, alone. When I returned home a few of us had made a plan to head to the orphanage in town to hang with the kids around 3. 

In between the time I spent the rest of my day at the coffee shop in town planning for my kids while I am gone and finalizing all their grades. I was dreading this, so I am glad that i am most of the way finished.

At the orphanage today I learned that my favorite little one, Arturo, has two siblings  This is quite the news to hear considering I want to take him home with me.  Seeing as this is the case than I must take all three...... I will have to make it work. Arturo was just as cute as I remember. Most of the time I was swinging on the swings while the kids pushed me or I was pushing them. It was really nice to spend the afternoon playing on the playground.

We had a successful family dinner tonight, prepared by Kylie and Jason. They served chicken sandwiches with special cranberry mayonnaise (a Upstate New York favorite) and chocolate cream cheese cupcakes (kylies special recipe). Family dinner, is my favorite tradition that we have. We make a point each week to eat dinner together (all the teachers + Jason). By random drawing you are paired up with someone to cook and you are responsible for the menu, any drink items, decorations etc. Tonight was the last night of this round so we redrew names and made a new calender. Next weekend I will be away and others are traveling so we will start back up the following week. I am paired with Faye and Jason and we are serving on March 20, 2013. Right before our Spring Break trip and before Jason's departure. Lots of time to plan for a final farewell to Jason.

All of this to say that after a day of yoga, a run, finishing my book, lesson planning, orphanage visit, family dinner and finalizing grades I am going to sleep. Its going to be a busy week, a short one too. I am Houston bound Thursday morning and then on to Mexico Friday. Yippee :) Just a little excited!

Night to you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment